PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JFK ATC in the news...
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 08:11
anengineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They can't do anything but come down hard on him. If the incident passed without repercussion, it's logical to assume it would be repeated - if not by this particular chap.
Rubbish.

You don't trash an expensively licensed person for something like this. Well YOU might (which is why you aren't a manager! )
First, it's not rubbish. If you could drive at 120mph, get pulled over by the police, then let off, you'd do it again. Human nature.

Second, you falling for blambert's obviously sarcastic post speaks volumes.

I'm not saying he should get fired. I never did. I'm presenting a counter-viewpoint to all those trying to say he should suffer no consequences etc.
As someone else said just now, it's all about the fact that this guy felt the rules didn't apply to him. In isolation, I don't really see how his actions were dangerous in a practical sense. They were dangerous however in the 'setting a precedent' sense. All those advocating no repercussions for allowing a child in the arena would undoubtedly have been saying the same thing about the Aeroflot flight - if it wasn't for the minor hiccup that it crashed.