PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 07:17
highflyer321757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B757 day 1 & 2

I have completed day 1 and 2 for the B757 screening and I have understood from others that there have been different ways of testing as they are becoming some what more professional with regards to their recruitment. Anyway, here is my feedback:

Day 1 (4 weeks after applying):
1. 20 min HR interview with lovely M, very straight forward, no tricks
2. Basic ATPL test around 25 questions and Operations test also around 25 questions, to be completed within 50 min. Can't remember any questions, the operational ones are easy with airline experience, the ATPL ones I had to do some guessing as it has been a while (Elec, Met, Perf, Nav etc).
(B737 guys also get B737 tech quiz)
3. 380 questions on your profile with yes/no and no time limit, straight forward.
4. Interview with 2 B737 captains having to explain a SID out of Minsk and some CRM questions, no tricks and then in front of pc playing around with this very sensitive microsoft flight sim, basic 6 pack. T/O RV VOR with G/A, then RV for ILS to land. Apparently this so called 'sim' will no longer be used (as it's a rubbish way of testing type rated pilots I guess).

Day 2 (3 weeks after day 1):
1. I was expecting psycho testing as told by BT, in stead I was put in front of a screen with lots of bottons, headset, pedals etc and I got some sort of version of the COMPASS test (check online) which included responding to sounds and vision, mathematical calculations (straight forward), trying to keep a triangle in the centre etc.
2. Also on the pc 444 questions about your profile/character answering yes/no/no idea. Apparently others have been interviewed by a female psychologist and were asked to draw trees, animals etc.
3. 20 min sim session in the B73-800 with pleasant TRE, straight forward again: T/O RV VOR with G/A, during G/A engine failure and use your CRM and calls you are used to then RV for ILS to land. Can't even remember which airport was used which is not relevant anyway, we were using rwy 22L. All very basic stuff.

I have the impression that B757 guys get feedback/result quicker than the B737 guys. Some B757 FO's within the company are changing to the Dash with their command.

Good luck to all