PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL to CPL and hopefully work
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 02:04
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GG,

Quote:
You'll be earning over 50k after 3 years which is enough to live off and while the conditions are reducing, they will still always be above many other occupations.
You cant be serious?

Green Pilot - go fer it but consider the low wage impact on your family and consider that you may not go much over 40k for say 10 years -depending on which route you take or which route finds you.

If you are still earning 40k after 10 years you're either a Kiwi flying for Jetstar NZ or a rex cadet

I was on Single award starting off around 30k at the time, on 48k flying a twin by the end of the first year and over 60k after 3 years once I was in a turbine.

All the guys I started with are now Captains on turboprops or in the Airlines as FOs after about 4 years and most are on at least 75k with the Airline guys on over 100k.

If you start off at 18 you'll be on over 100k by your 22 second birthday if the conditions are right and you get a right seat in an airline. If you miss out you'll at least be getting ready for a command on a regional with salaries around 80k for a skipper.

Don't listen to the negative crap, just get out and do it.