PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 21:15
east cork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

@ CCR, Brian dromey...

regarding GVA, et al, all it takes is for someone (hint...airport management) to take the finger out and try to serve the market which clearly exists. If SWISS can serve Shannon and Knock, albeit chater services, Geneva is not too far fetched from Cork.
I for one would love to be able to get there easily during the summer. Northern Italy is sadly lacking service also and while Nice is an option it is far from attractive for most prospective passengers.
I think the new ITAA headman is local, there's been a few articles recently in "D Paper" regarding his role and he mentioned specifically how Cork needs a smattering of extra routes, I think even talks with Turkish were mentioned but don't quote me, I've just finished my pre's so the brain is a bit off-form
That would be quite the boost if it transpired however! He has also been lobbying for the use of air-bridges at our palace on the hill, I'm with him on that

Regarding the TFS with the ambulances on the 21st, I came in on the late Heathrow flight and there was quite a kerfuffle around it....men in full protective suits and about 4 ambulance's.
A lot of passengers on our flight were quite anscious but no announcement was made.....I think I even heard whispers of the Ebola virus around me which made me smile!