PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 13:33
stansdead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyes off the ball.

I did my bit by taking a sabbatical. I then got offered VSS which I took.

I enjoy my low cost Command. It's different to VS, and yes, I'd like to get nearer home, or use my Command to move to the Middle East - what's wrong with that?

I didn't leave VS to stand still!! I took an opportunity for Command and lots of others wish they had. Combine that with a payoff, and it has been a good bit if business for me. The VSS protected my family financially if my current employer had, or does fail. I was so far from promotion and so relatively near the chopline that my actions were, and are, totally justified.

Anyway, I've not said VS is bad. It's just not everyone cup of tea. I have days when I miss it, but on the whole there's more opportunities for Current Captains than FO's. And that won't change. It's a good investment.

I'd rather you didn't insinuate that I wasn't doing my bit when the chips were down last year. You always look after number 1, but I did at least save another job by my sabbatical and ultimately redundancy. To suggest I was doing it solely for other people, is frankly, naive. It suited me to help. I'm glad I did, because i had a good opportunity. And it kept someone else employed.

I look forward to a phone call being asked back. I didn't expect that. But, it's unlikely I will return for the reasons given above.

Last edited by stansdead; 3rd Mar 2010 at 19:09. Reason: spelling!!