PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC120
Thread: EC120
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 11:24
John R81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotor Hub EASA AD 2010-0026-E

So......

Having read EASA AD 2010-0026-E (Main rotor hub inspection), which has recently been issued, There seems to be a potential problem with the rotor hub. There is reported to be one emergency landing as a result of vibration in the rotor which, upon inspection, was found to be caused by a crack in the main rotor hub at the point of attachment of the drag dampeners.

Things get clearer when I read the latest revision of the Service Bulletin (Eurocopter SB 05A012). The initial check has to be performed by a mechanic, and the ID plate has to be removed, but subsequent checks at max 15 flight hour intervals can be by a pilot who meets the training / certification criteria. Personally, I don’t but I will be including close scrutiny of the rotor hub (with the aid of a torch) in my ‘A’ checks before any flight.

I have some questions, though.

Does anyone know more about the incident which started this off?

As this is the first time I have heard of cracking at this point of the rotor hub, does anyone know of any other examples?

My machine has now been checked out and it does not have a crack (yet?); if anyone finds different for theirs would they please post?

Thanks for any replies

Last edited by John R81; 3rd Mar 2010 at 11:26. Reason: Format from word