PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time entries for a logbook when there is no VDO
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 11:14
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No one's going to take you to court for that as long as you're not making a habit of it.
Aerowhatever,
That's not the way CASA sees it, and it is not the way the law sees it ------ and "It won't matter if I don't make a habit of it" ---- will cut no ice in an audit or ramp check --- and this is something that is routinely checked, because CASA inspectors so often get a score ---- and enough administrative fines to pay for the visit.

The best I have seen was where every non-compliant entry, ie each pilot log book entry for months, was treated separately, as a separate offense, the total was a doozy. Glad I wasn't paying the bill and copping the points ----- in this case enough for a long license suspension.

Oh!!, and by the way, a prosecution under the Crimes Act as well as penalties under the Civil Aviation Act are not unknown, as some of you who have had any dealings with CASA Compliance and Enforcement will be able to testify ---- the DPP seem to have a habit of taking whatever CASA puts up at face value.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Re. transonic crossings of Cook Straight, that wouldn't be Sounds Air, would it. Maybe it was just very strong winds that day ---- after all, 50-60 kt. is not unknown between Wellington and Picton.