PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Y hydraulic pumps
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 10:49
TyroPicard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a single failure Y ENG PUMP LO PR: ECAM does not ask for YELLOW ELEC PUMP ON (at least in my FCOM), but a note in FCOM 3 says you can use it. The need for it implies a double failure - eng pump and PTU - I think I would leave it off until the approach to avoid pushing my luck...

For a dual hyd failure involving Y ENG PUMP LO PR, ECAM does ask for YELLOW ELEC PUMP ON. This would keep the a/c in Normal Law and ease the workload considerably. Whether the pump has the flow rate to cope when Flaps are travelling I don't know (depends partly on which other hyd sys has failed?) - the less flight control demand in that phase the better.

DUAL ENG FAIL with fuel remaining - with the RAT running, if the engines don't relight you won't need all that battery power, so use it to start the APU to try a starter assisted relight.

PJ2: lever in FLAP 3 gives 22deg slat position compared to 27deg at FULL so a reasonably low Vapp, typically 160 kt. at MLW - GPWS etc. may not be electrically supplied? I don't know if there is another reason such as controllability - a "normal" landing with no flap would also be CONF 3 as opposed to FULL. At some point as speed is reduced the THS is frozen with no engines running, so elevator authority may be a consideration.

MB2002: The QRH DITCHING procedure with engines running says "SLATS and FLAPS .... MAX AVAIL".