PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 07:50
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rahulpereira

I have applied from India in DEC 1st week, so if what you said is indeed true , how long do you think before I should get a call for Stage 1.
Beats me. Did you tell them you wanted to be interviewed in India? I think how long you will wait depends on how quickly they can get a reasonable number of applicants based in India. If there aren't enough candidates wanting an assessment in India, then you could be in for a long wait. Why don't you think about changing your preference for interview location?

I have been reading on pprune a lot about dates for UK, Australia and N America, do they hold interviews for SE Asia that often too ?
I have never heard of CX conducting Stage 1 interviews in SE Asia before, so I guess the upcoming one in April is the first? Don't take my word for it though, perhaps someone else can prove me wrong. However I am quite sure CX don't visit SE Asia as frequently as they do with UK, Australia and N America.

I would also advise anyone who has waited for a long time, to be proactive with your application. You can call/e-mail them periodically to keep yourself updated towards the status of your application. Having said that, don't stalk/harass them as you could come across as obsessive and unpleasant, but then again taking the initiative could possibly add marks as it proves your enthusiasm. Get it done well, and it could make them think of you the next time they come to your region. Good luck!