PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Trng Capt arrested at HQ
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 21:20
EK Facts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK Road Show dates

I posted the above on the African Forum as I am sure you would all appreciate the FACTS prior to taking a position here as FO in DXB. If you are serious about your decision to relocate here, with your Family, may I suggest you have a long list of questions based on what you have read on the ME Forum, to pose to the Recruitment Team. Bombard them with the facts and ask them why they are struggling to fill courses in these difficult times. The ME Forum discusses what has happened to our contracts in particular, the last 2years. The arrest of the Trng Capt is one of many serious issues, that EK will try and conveniently sweep under the carpet. Recruitment Team are not Pilots. They will try and impress you all with shiny brochures and power-point presentations. Enjoy the Show. But you have been warned. My bet is they will not offer an honest explanation to your questions....

Some more facts then....from the EK website:

Information Sessions for Experienced First Officers in South Africa

Emirates employ highly skilled and successful Flight Deck Crew from around the world. We are currently recruiting experienced and technically proficient First Officers to fly our extensive international route network. The First Officer position offers an exceptional opportunity for ambitious pilots to develop their career on one of the youngest high-tech fleets, with one of the fastest growing and most profitable airlines in the world.

Emirates will be conducting information sessions inSouth Africa during March. These sessions will provide more information on Emirates, our selection programme, the benefits of living and working in Dubai and details of our remuneration package.

Please note that spouses are welcome to attend.

Johannesburg

The Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre
Viewpoint Street, Bartlett, Boksburg, Johannesburg
Wednesday
10th March
10am
Johannesburg

The Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre
Viewpoint Street, Bartlett, Boksburg, Johannesburg
Wednesday
10th March
3pm
Capetown
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront
Beach Road, Granger Bay
V&A Waterfront, Capetown
Thursday
11th March
10.30am

Emirates Requirements:
To apply to Emirates, candidates must have a minimum of 4000 total and 2000 multi-engine jet hours (preferably with MTOW of > 55 T), ICAO ATPL and ICAO English level (4 or above). We will provide candidates with a round trip ticket to Dubai from an Emirates destination to attend our Selection Programme.