PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £30k to spend and how to spend it!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 18:27
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah bugger it if he has been working in the super yacht world he proberly has contacts and will be sitting in the RHS of a G5 within a couple of years.

Well personally if in Glasgow I would go for the Prestwick Flying Club option. The instructors there are all mostly current commercial Captains and you can't get much higher in the examining world than the resident examiner down there. They have a couple of slab wing PA28's which were pleasant to fly last time I flew them 10 years ago. There are also several sindicates with other more interesting aircraft. the wx down there is way better than for any of the other schools barring Inverness. If you go for PIK make sure you order a new cheque book because from memory it was a cheque for the plane, a cheque for the instructor and a cheque for the airport every time you went flying.

For the CPL/IR the Cadets at Highland turned out pretty good from Tayside. Tayflight you hear really good things about from some people and others have a bit of a personality clash with the instructors. I have flown with the "product" from both schools and they both produce a quality product.

But with all these recomendations you really need to go and visit yourself. It might sound daft but just one instructor leaving can turn a good school into a pants one overnight.