PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL - Just how are we supposed to teach this?
Old 9th Jul 2002, 17:15
FormationFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hehehehehe....umm...no...LOL

You see if I just teach what I do now according to JAR it takes x time..according to NPPL it takes y....I know it actually takes a varying amount z depending on traffic, weather, student etc but to be honest x & z are quite close (albeit I can usually gain an hour or two by the end of the course...). The problem for me is that y seems to be not just x without the slack, but an aggressive reduction in time...

Follow that?

Now, the problem comes when both my CFI and *worse* the paying customer start asking me why we arent delivering in the timescales as expected...yeah yeah...I know 45 PPL - probably 50 hours, 32hr PPL - um...what 40hours? Thats gonna make them happy....oh well maybe im just overreacting but I cant quite see the breakdown of hours working and I cant really see NPPL coming in realistically anything less than 40-45 hrs anyway....

Given I am told the upgrade to a JAR PPL is 15 hours training (um...anyone got a syllabus for this upgrade training? ?) I cant see why anyone wouldnt just plump for the JAR PPL to start with and finish in 45-50 hours...

ho hum!

FF