PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £30k to spend and how to spend it!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 16:30
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The early part of lots of flying careers are not all pretty air hostesses and nice hotels. Three months in the sahara without a break, almost every night 11pm or later go flying in a heap, no ac, 100+ in the plane as cannot even use the fan as messes up the data we were getting, near the ITCZ with no radar as also messes up data, rain starts hitting the front, nothing forecast but down we go with max power, started of at about 2000agl, dark as a cave, still going down 1000 feet now, rad atl starts going down fast, must be a dune, hard to hold best angle of climb speed as so gusty, gets to less than 500 then starts to climb again. I can tell you where I would have preferred to be if given the choice of working at night in a storm at sea but hey I dont know that profession so all I can say is where I think I would have preferred to be.

You cannot always chose the job you want in aviation and have to accept whatever it takes to get the experience. Personally at the moment I think you would end up jobless and if you don't have any other skills you will end up either back on a boat with less money or doing some unskilled work for less money than that. But if you dont try you will never know.