PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £30k to spend and how to spend it!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 15:37
driftdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Murray,

" Ever worked in a job where you don’t get home for over a year or spend a month or two at sea!? Don’t get me wrong I love this job but people shouldn’t comment on what they don’t know, but I guess that just the problem with forums, lots of people not necessary lots of right answers! Ever had to get up in the middle of the night to fix something in a storm in the middle of the Atlantic? "

Not quite the same scenario but in principle yes I have.

There is a lot of good advice on this forum, read it and please absorb it. If your goal is commercial flying then get an initial Class 1 medical first, hopefully all will be ok and from then on get your PPL.

Maybe you have access to agency work and so can go back to sea earn a bit more, study a bit and plan your next move in aviation based on a considered training plan.

At this time, IMO it would seem to be a less than rational act to saddle yourself with vast training debts when the business is in a less than robust state.

Regardless you will do whatever you think is best for your circumstances so I wish you good luck