PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA and CAA medical differences
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 14:08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thankyou so much!!!

'your more naive then i thought' Sorry but I am im afraid to say!!

And again when someone says it back to you, your right, when there's experienced US pilots out of work, and im assuming even more fresh US students with just there licence out of work.....why would they hire someone from the UK??? all that hassle just wouldnt seem worth it.

About the FAA medical AND licence

I emailed KAL about a week ago, they replied and said they would accept a FAA liceence and medical aslong as you had the hours and type ratings etc etc which gives me some encouragement.....i just need to get about 2000 hours...to even bother sending my CV

I am so glad theres forums like this, i would of simply handed of 70k thinking, well atleast ive paid for it now....

At first i was anoyed that i had to travel to the US to train but im trying to look at the glass half full rather then half empty...

cheaper, warmer, nicer people etc #

In the FAA medical rules so call ap pointed out, it never states the word 'astigmatism' whilst the CAA regulation does....alough it does say 'No acute or chronic pathological condition of either eye or adnexa that interferes with the proper function of an eye'. At the end it says 'However, if otherwise eligible, the person is issued a medical certificate pending the results of the examination.'

So that gives me some hope.

Again thanks for the feedback positive or negative.