PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 09:53
First.officer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Slight thread drift......maybe......found this on MSN News today:-

Aircraft Pilots and Flight Engineers
What they do: Exactly what it says on the tin -- to fly commercial, business or freight aircraft on short- or long-haul flights.
How to get there: A-levels/HND are sufficient and pilots must undertake an intensive training programme to obtain their commercial pilot's licence (CPL) and Airline Transport Pilot's Licence from a CAA-approved training school. Oh, and you'll need a good pair of sunglasses, too.
What they earn: £70,595

Air traffic Controllers
What they do: With more than 200 million passengers travelling to and from UK airports every year, air traffic controllers really do have their work cut out. Their job is to manage the safe take-off and landing of several aircraft at the same time by monitoring and controlling an aircraft's height, speed and course.
How to get there: Contrary to common assumptions, entry is not the preserve of university degree holders, although an increasing number of graduates are entering the profession. The minimum requirement is five GCSEs (grades A-C including English and Maths) in addition to two A-levels/GNVQ advanced level. Most people enter the profession via the National Air Traffic Services (NATS).
What they earn: £64,045

Thought i would include the ATC pay as well - now, either i'm missing something but most i know don't earn that amount !! lmao

F/O