PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perils of drink
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 08:31
sea oxen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you again for all for your advice (which I'll take), and I'll single out PAXBoy for evidently dedicating considerable time and thought to his posting.

I will cool my heels for a few days, and I will subtly discover from Mrs SO whether she had been drinking beforehand. She'd have been in the air for almost twenty hours. She was dry when I took her to LHR, I presume she had wine with supper, slept fitfully before breakfast, lunch and refuelling (the aircraft, not her ) in SIN. She is too stingy to drink in the airport (I have access to the J lounge but was stuck here), so she must have dried up for the final flight.

It would have been wholly out of character for Mrs SO to be legless, but before taking any action, I'll get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak. I do not want to falsely accuse someone of a transgression. If I proceed or not, I'll let you know the outcome. I've been a Qantas Club member for many years so that might give me some leverage.

For the record: QF treated me extremely well in J when I used to travel around SEA, frequently letting me onto the FD during the exciting bits. More recently, their PE LHR-SYD was exceptionally good, and I intend to take that service again this year.

frequentflyer2
That sucks. These 'values' that are 'enshrined' are what used to pass as common courtesy. O tempora, o mores! Have you tried writing again?

SO