PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Empty Jets
Thread: Empty Jets
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 02:20
biggles7374

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fritz

That is the rate for the whole aircraft carrying eight pax from Syd to Mel.

Like I said in my previous post - I never saw it advertised I am afraid and it has made me wonder whether the flight was 'plugged' for marketing purposes rather than being an actual flight. If I had seen it I would have taken it.

Also, XXX you have commented on what I was thinking. It seems that in this case (and others) that the operator is essentially looking to charge full rate for the empty leg....whilst you will never stop this it is not really in the spirit of the site.

Remember...you are paying for a non guaranteed 'standby' flight on the empty leg which no doubt has already been paid for by the Charter customer in full, any revenue obtained through the EmptyJets website is additional revenue = additional profit.

As I said in my previous post the idea has some real merit but it will not work if operators are not able to play by the intent of the website and spirit of the concept.

Also Emptyjets plays no part in the transaction, merely puts you in touch with the operator and collects the money (check the Ts&Cs). You are then required straight away at the time of booking to stump up the cash (hopefully via credit Card...please do not use debit cards as they are unprotected) for a flight that may quite easily get cancelled or re-scheduled but I doubt they would tell you that until they had too so they could keep your money in their account for as long as possible.

Who holds the cash in their account until the flight takes place (or doesn't)?? I wonder??