PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Flybe/MPL 2010
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2010, 23:03
checkxp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies. The reason I don't have a good attitude to flybe is partly because I fly with the rather regularly, and they're not very customer focused, and more like ryanair where you're a bunch of cows in a herd, except that you pay 3x more than on ryanair.

BUT also because I think that the Pilot job is becoming a less and less prestigious job. As someone posted on another forum this video: "YouTube - US Airways Pilot Capt. "Sully" Sullenberger Speaks to Congress: "My Pay Has Been Cut by 40%" that the industry are making the wrong moves, and decreasing salaries is not a good thing. As someone mentioned earlier on this forum:
If you try to do this with 100% debt, it probably won't work out for you.
, and that's because you have to refund Flybe the 19.8k they lend you out of a 24k salary (BEFORE TAX!!!), and the rest to a bank which you probably won't be able to start refunding until 3years at flybe (so 5years after you took the loan), with all the interests that you will incur isn't exactly a good plan.

So I know that I would really want to become a Pilot. Everytime I fly as a passenger I'm excited (I fly quite a lot, about 30times a year), and for many other reasons, but as I also was a student for 5 years, I don't really want to live in more debt, always worrying about money!

I hope you can understand where I'm coming from, and I'm not coming here to get "bucked up", but to find out really a way that's viable for me to do get into the industry of my dreams.

And as you said, I didn't apply this time yet because I want to clearly identify my options first. So yeah, if anyone has any advice or any comments on my attitude, please fire away, i won't take offence.

Thanks