PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perils of drink
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2010, 22:31
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Angel

It seems, SO, that you know the routine of a good complaint:
  • Write it whilst the blood is hot (makes you feel better!) then put it away for a week.
  • Meanwhile, check the facts with Mrs SO and research the airline website. This has two purposes, firstly to get the right name and address. Secondly, to cull from it any statements about customer service that you can legitimately ask about. Check this page I found About Qantas - Our Company - Qantas Centre of Service ExcellenceSo it appears they are making an effort and you can lament the one case that failed. But (I hear you say!) each case is special and a fully trained nurse is likely to know her own mind.
  • Then re-write the letter so that it is cool, polite and factual.
  • Cast no insults just ask "Why do you think this member of staff spoke to Mrs SO in this way - in front of all the other passengers?"
  • Do not ask for any compensation - if they fail you can demand that later! Simply ask for an explanation.
  • If you and Mrs SO have ever travelled with them before in any cabin, try to find positive statements about that. If you have travelled in the premium cabins and had the opposite kind of service, as others here have stated, then detail it.
If this is teaching my grandfather how to $û¢k èççs (attempt at humour) then please ignore.