PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Flybe/MPL 2010
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2010, 20:27
Adios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Both pilots agreed that I should certainly not do it for the money, and they also said "I guess it's ok" to work for Flybe."

CheckXP,

Ask lame questions and you often get lame answers. Asking a pilot how the job is seems to me a lame question, but given the naivete Frankly Mr. Shankly is calling you out for, it was probably the only question you knew to ask.

It seems to me that what you need to do is formulate a list of decent open ended questions. Here are a few to get you started:

What is Flybe's typical roster pattern?
How long on average does it take a 250 hour newbie to unfreeze their ATPL with Flybe?
What are the top three things you like about working for Flybe?

If you came on Pprune and asked "Is pilot a good career and how do you like your jobs?" what kind of answers do you think you'd get? I think there is far more negativity here than you'll encounter on most flight decks, so why come here expecting to get bucked up?

As for your last question; if you are this wishy washy about it, you probably can't bluff your way through an interview with Flybe's HR manager, so there is not likely to be an offer for you to turn down on 24th June. It would be a really shabby thing to do to the other lads that have a far more positive attitude about Flybe and this opportunity and it would get you black listed at Flybe and FTE (for making them look bad), so don't bother applying unless you can get considerably more excited about it. This is a very small industry and you don't want to alienate anyone before you even get a foot on the first rung.