PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Flybe/MPL 2010
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2010, 19:13
Frankly Mr Shankly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Both pilots agreed that I should certainly not do it for the money, and they also said "I guess it's ok" to work for Flybe."

- Maybe they'd had a **** duty, tech probs that day, wx probs, tired, etc etc ????? I love my job (not Flybe), but I'm based abroad on reduced percentage at the moment, so even though I love flying commercially, I too would also say "I guess it's ok working for my mob"...

"This didn't make it sound like I ever wana fly for Flybe, considering I'll might doing Southampton - Manchester - Leeds everyday, isn't exactly the most exiting trips."

- Be nice to have that luxury of choosing your airline based on the more glamourous routes. Good luck with that one!!!!

"You'd think that if you have to fly **** routes in mostly **** weather, you'd get paid more to stay well concentrated and aware that a crash is only around the corner of a C-nimbus!"

- Really???

The reasons I reply here is primarily to question your "vision" or general understanding of the reality of airline life, regardless of it being Flybe or anybody else? Given the nature of some of your statements, it just made me wonder do you really know what you are getting into, with such vast amounts of money at stake.

You take any airline you MIGHT have a shot of getting into (i.e not Virgin etc), more the likes of Ezy, Ryan etc etc, are not going to be too dissimilar to Flybe. Routes aren't too dissimilar, pay (or whatever the airlines call your "remuneration" in these days of PTF schemes) isn't going to be great wherever, so yes you've mentioned your concerns with Flybe (and I appreciate you are not putting them down), but your concerns surely will be relevant to any outfit you as a low houred newbie pilot will be eligible for.

Just a thought.

Rgds, FMS.