PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 1st Mar 2010, 18:30
Fellowship of the drink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wet vee two

You're either not living in Dubai or trying to wind things up. Judging by your join date, you're probably the latter.

Dhs 140,000 for a 4X4 is not extravagant. My car is certainly not the best in the street... and I only have ONE vehicle. You're such a cage rattler.

To the prospective new joiners, please do not assume it is cheap or easy to set up a home in Dubai. Everyone eventually gets settled but it will take some time to repay those personal loans (unless you come with lots of money). Almost every FO I spoke with agrees that the FO salary in EK is "just enough" to pay the bills and have a decent but not extravagant lifestyle. The real savings come when you upgrade.

Two factors have changed since T&C's at EK started to go downhill. Time to upgrade is no longer three years and inflation has eroded our purchasing power somewhat and will continue to do so without our annual step increases. Please take that into consideration with the possibility of living in long term temporary accomodation with your family, which is an entirely different can of worms discussed elsewhere in the forum. Villas are abundant in Dubai now but not many fit the asking price of EK.

I wish you all good luck and yes not everything here is 100% true but it is not 99% fabricated either. There are enough independant users posting stuff that your should definitely consider before making that commitment.