PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adventure flights for charities
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2010, 16:33
CraigyD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adventure flights for charities

Hi all, probably a stupid random thread that has had little thought put into it....

Just got back from a run and the endorphins have left me feeling optimistic and in the mood for a challenge. Whilst running I was thinking about recent articles I had read about people completing adventure flights and people who had done various long distance running\riding to raise money for charity and thought, I'd like to do both combined. Something like fly to various places to take part in marathons or something. I was thinking I'd like to promote charities like sport relief and charities that offer the expirience to fly to those who might not other wise have the opportunity.

Im young and have a PPL with only 90 hours, bored of working for the man and want to do some good with my life and see the world. Is this just a pipe dream to organise and take part in these types of trips? Where would I start and how the hell do people fund these trips? Surely they don't foot the money for their own aircraft, fuel, maintainence, landing fees, equipment etc do they? If so, yes, it is a pipe dream!

Anyway, I need a shower and to stretch off before I regret this run!!

Happy flying (and running if this floats your boat also!)

Craigyd