PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Refund Update
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2010, 09:55
groundbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quite clever CRM

since my first letter was ignored, I resent the letter 4 weeks later and put on the top "court action starts in 7 days etc". The next day I get an email from Easyjet saying they had received the letter and were investigating. A few hours later I get another email saying get stuffed cancelled due bad weather. We go back and forth a bit and I've now filed a court claim for £1250 (5xE250). Told them this via email and they've replied saying sorry, flight was cancelled due weather according to their logs so they can't make an exception blah blah.

In fact as an ex-ITer with 20 years in data centers I was impressed all this was done through some CRM/helpdesk system where there is a tracking number etc. Also my original letter was scanned in and is attached to the CRM log as an image. All rather professional, and certainly set up to deal with a high volume of complaints!

As to court, we shall see. My case is basically every other flight that day except 2 BAs to Heathrow got off, including two charters on the same MAN/MALTA route, and that Easyjet delays and cancellatons that month were way in excess of any carriers. So the weather was there, but other carriers deal with it so the fault lies more with Easyjet and their resources etc than the weather. All I've lost is the £70 fee if I lose...

G