PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for Lion Air
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2010, 09:13
indonesia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apartements

As I get to know from CAE, pilots are put in the Harmoni Apartement Complex near the central office of Lion Air. I think it is in Old Batavia, near Jalan Gajah Mada. On the pictures they look good, and they say that everything is included, also water and electricity, but as I heard here also, that is not the case, it is just promised before. Would have to see what is true. When you come alone, you have to share an apartement, if you are married and bring your spouse and family, you get an apartement for your own. The complex seems to be equipped with a tennis court, swimming-pool and fitness-center, if the pictures can be trusted.
Now they seem to be on hold, I did not hear from CAE for a long time. I just hope that Lion Air does not work together with Eagle Jet International to get Copilots for free, and after the promised 500 hours on type these Copilots are put on the streets again, that is like a Mafia!
To anyone who succeeds, I wish good luck and have fun in Indonesia. If you marry a local woman, you get reallly good living-prices in that country, e.g. meals, taxi, tuk-tuk etc. If you are alone, you have to pay double or even triple. So as soon as you arrive, try to get to know indonesian women, they are really nice. If it works out, you will have a very nice life in Indonesia, also with the "small" salyry at Lion Air! Good luck!