PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for all ye, pilots and controllers...
Old 1st Mar 2010, 03:26
P Poon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for all ye, pilots and controllers...

Hi, i'm kinda new here, nice to talk to you all.
I am pretty puzzled these days as i've once heard a senior member of CAD (HK) saying, Quote"No offense here, but quite frankly ATC is mere simple 手作仔 (Allow my poor english here to translate it as handcraft for i couldn't find a better term to express it as my englich vocabulary is very limited as the conversation was done in cantonese.). No matter how good you perform, it is of no use." Unquote.
The thing is, if this senior member only said it to encourage us staff to enhance ourselves other than simply working ATC, i'm afraid that member had given it a wrong approach... If it is otherwise, i am speechless, i am afraid it would not do any good to all us controllers as the morale is not high already these days. It is indeed very discouraging. What do you guys reckon?
Back in a couple of years ago, the aforementioned personnel had a group gathering with the then junior staff, namely speaking, student ATCO and ATCO III, the whole gathering went well except the following conversation, Quote "Any of you being dog owners? Training an ATCO is like dog training, you give dogs treats and they do tricks...." Unquote

This is a very bad comparison, I have nothing against dog but is there a better way to talk to junior staff that would be carrying out OJT later on? Is that personnel trying to imply SOMETHING?

That's all now my folks, thanks for bearing my poorly, long-winded type-written post. I couldn't care less now since i am just a mere factory worker who couldn't think properly. As long as i am getting paid, i really dare not ask for anything more...

Wish you could throw some light upon the stubborn me!

Once again thanks for paying attention.

Love you all

P Poon