PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying the MU2 - facts please.
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2010, 03:11
Ag2A320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRF4EVER,

Still here, have the same P model George sold us, did you fly with Beau and have Chuck B as Chief Pilot ?.

Chuck seemed to have all the more interesting flights, he was co-pilot on the J model N770MA that tossed a blade near Corsicana, TX .Lucky for them the vibration set up from the 18" of blade loss broke the FCU from the mounts and shut the engine down within microseconds of the blade letting go.

George would always point to the Large hangar complex he built on the northside of TUL and say that MU-2 S/n 9 on a the pole near Sparks Aviation, tried to kill him so many times he had it mounted, the engineering into the mount cost him $36,000 in 1977 dollars alone.

He'd have a few and swear he was gonna cut it down the next time somebody for the "farside" of the ramp as he called it, "Hi George" him. He built all of that complex off US Military contract fuel sales and loss it all in the Oklahoma Oil bust of the Mid 80's.

He freely admitted losing 22 million dollars of his money in the bust, and added " i can't even tell you how much of my wife's money i lost". ( I believe she was a heir to one of the wealthy Tulsa Oil clans. He started working for her father flying the Co's B-26, Lodestar & Howard 500)

He was a character and a half, i'm sure you heard the one about a certain F/O Stinky and his visit to Matarmoros, MX or the brawl over the 4 crew cars at DFW and OKC.

Last edited by Ag2A320; 1st Mar 2010 at 05:03.