PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moonee Ponds International Airport(YMEN)
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2010, 02:17
bushy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some years ago in England we returned a rental car near heathrow, and were looking for a taxi to take us to a hotel. We ewre told there was no taxi available, and no public phones, but a shuttlebus went to Heathrow airport. I replied that we did not want to go to heathrow airport, but that made no dofference, so we went to Heathrow airport in the shuttlebus. At the airport there was a taxi dropping off pax and I asked if he could take us but he replied that he was not permitted to. So we went down to the taxi area and spoke to the uniformed taxi "organiser". He asked where we wanted to go and I replied we wanted to find a hotel nearby, and taxi drivers always know where they are. That was not good enough and would not be allowed. He listed hotels and I picked one, so he waved a cab over to take us. I told the driver that we did not have a booking, so may have to go on to another hotel if there was no vacancy. He replied that he was not permitted to do that. Fortunately we did get a room at that hotel, and were very pleased to fly out of the UK the following morning.
Is that what is developing here?? I hope not.

Last edited by bushy; 1st Mar 2010 at 02:34.