PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Falklands / The Malvinas - (again?)
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2010, 20:27
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
Chugalug,

I know this is more an aircrew forum than anything else....but while throwing credit about the place....one must remember the role played by the Army, Navy, and Marines in 1982. I assume your intent was not to diminish their role in the action but one should be sensitive to other's feelings in the matter.

It is not like I have any reason to say what I do...as I was not involved in any way... but the Lads humping heavy bergens and weapons over some very tough terrain, living out in the elements, and taking the fight to the enemy day after day, as well as the Navy standing by and taking losses while supporting the troops ashore just should not be left out when giving praise.

It took the efforts of everyone to accomplish what was done.....let's brag on all of them!

In my war, I flew support missions for the troops on the ground, taking them into the fight, supplying them while they were there, retrieving their dead and wounded, and flying them out afterwards. That was what I was there for....the guys on the ground....that was the reason for my being. I brag on them not my unit although I am very proud of what we did and how we did it. We took our losses too....just like the guys on the ground but they did the heavy work and dealt with the bad guys nose to nose.