PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.A.M.O.
Thread: C.A.M.O.
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2010, 19:55
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vee-tail-1

I would think that those CAMO's who have taken the "back to birth" stance with ARC renewals have most likely done so because of badly kept log books and tech records. These are usualy found asscociated with aircraft that have had a lot of different maintenance companys looking after them over the years. This is normaly as result of owners playing the field in search of what they think is a better deal.

I cant see any CAMO going "back to birth" with a good set of books avalable for inspection.

We have been looking after an aircraft that was on another European register, this has been a problem in the fact that some of the paperwork looked very suspect to the CAA, This resulted in a lot of delay while the CAA checked that the documentation met the national requiements of the state of origin, The delay has cost us time and the owners money but all was (eventualy) found to be in order. Some might have said that the delay and extra cost was down to us as the CAMO by being too fussy but we presented the paperwork to the CAA and they delayed things while investigations took place, in the end the CAA excepted the paperwork as first presened to them.

I would not have recomended buying this aircraft had I been asked, not because it was a bad aircraft but because the paper trail was unusual (not wrong in any way) and likely to result in delays to issue the ARC when it was put on the UK register.

Well so much for a united European aviation industry under EASA!