PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XP File and Folder Permissions
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2010, 14:27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Simonta, I do have a particular problem to solve and here it is (standalone machine not a Domain environment):

I have a folder called 'Test', and let's say it is empty at the moment. 'Test' is not a subfolder and does not contain subfolders.

I have a group set up which has persons A, B and C added to it. Let's say the group is called 'Test group'

I want establish folder permissions on 'Test' such that:

'A' can add files to 'Test', delete his own files from 'Test' and edit his files in 'Test'. But 'A' cannot delete/edit or view the files of B and C

'B' can add files to 'Test', delete his own files from 'Test' and edit his files in 'Test'. But 'B' cannot delete/edit or view the files of A and C

'C' can add files to 'Test', delete his own files from 'Test' and edit his files in 'Test'. But 'C' cannot delete/edit or view the files of A and B

I'm familiar with the mechanics of setting Standard permissions and Special permissions. All files are just text files. I want to achive this without setting permissions on the text files, only on the 'Test' folder.

Many thanks