PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Business Class with Economy Seating.
Old 28th Feb 2010, 10:08
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Lufthansa dumbed down its UK-Germany Business Class service in April 2004. They took off one flight attendant, so that now they only provide the minimum required under EU-OPS. They stopped providing a 3 course hot meal (which, if you had a long day ahead, was always quite welcome), they stopped offering an aperitif and nuts after take-off and instead they now only provide a cold snack.

Economy Class was dumbed down at the same time; it was so bad that the flight attendants felt insulted. One told me "They expect us to serve bread and water only - prison food!". So for the first few weeks they gave every passenger a 'comment form'; soon afterwards Lufthansa must have signed a contract to dispose of the EC cheese and lettuce mountain, because that's all they offer these days - bland cheese in a small bun. Before Apr 2004, in Economy you had a choice (usually ham or cheese) of half-baguette with a 1/4 bottle of wine, if you wished, which was fine.

Travel 'FR class'? Never in a million years - I'd sooner eat my own excrement.