PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Feb 2010, 07:38
sanddude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asiasky

In my days with overtime and bonus and right hand seat, I enjoyed a nice lifestyle. 2 kids on school where fee is covered by EK allowance, maid in the house. Thing is I didn,t save much. Didn,t matter because was early command those days.

You gotta understand that to my knowledge there are only 2 or 3 schools in Dubai that are covered by EK allowance! (you will understand they have a big waitinglist).The rest of the schools is big time money out of your own pocket. Not even to mention Schoolbus fee, 8000 Dhs per child.

No more overtime and bonus. Time to command now somewhere in the 7 to 10 years bracket. So al depend on your age, if you gotta start saving now for your pension, then I have to disapoint you. Its not gonna hapen.

Not much use to through around money figures, this is the all around story.

If you are still in your twenties with a young family then you will be fine, doesn,t really hurt to wait another 8 years or so to postpone savings and enjoy a decent live style. Otherwise I would have a hard think about it!
Good luck with your decision