PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE offers to extend Forces' stay in exchange for more Canadian flights
Old 28th Feb 2010, 03:18
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiz,

my goodness how you do twist words. I didn't mention fatigue specifically as a reason to exclude EK flights from Canada, I only included the "exhausted crew and and pilots" as a description of any given EK flight these days. I do stand by that description.

And you do seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth. My whole point about a MINORITY benefitting from increase access it that generally, democratic principle has majority interests taking higher priority than that of a small minority. It is being painted as a major issue to Canadians - it is not, to most!

Do I want to "stick it" to EK? Hardly. But I do disagree with your statement that increased profits will put upward pressure on conditions. We made a paltry few hundred million profit last year, how much was your cheque again? As far as the upgrades, it doesn't apply to me personally but those goalposts are moved on a whim as well, so hardly motivation to cheer EK on to greater profits for that either. Quite frankly after seeing the employees bullied endlessly, I'm not sure why you would defend their same tactics in the international arena. Different set of values I suppose, whatever.

Oh and trying to link Australia's economic success with EK's expansion there is laughable. Try a resource-based economy and a voracious neighbour China next door for starters.

Anyway I give up. You seem determined to be a relentless cheerleader for EK no matter what the issue, so not much point in discussing further.