PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE offers to extend Forces' stay in exchange for more Canadian flights
Old 28th Feb 2010, 02:16
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Mensa

You mentioned that US regionals and flights from many parts of Europe have far worse FTL's than EK. That is utter BS.
No, it isn't. A two-man crew can be scheduled for a 16hr, multi-sector duty day after an 8hr rest period under FAA part 121. Look it up. Cap 271 is one of the most restrictive FTLs in Europe.

Either of these might be a service that benefits a proportion of one ethnic group, but does it benefit Canada overall? Sometimes a benefit to a minority group is actually a detriment to a country.
Quite right. It is of course a matter of weighing total benefit. Allowing a portion of your population access to a service they want is a benefit. If that causes and ecconomic hardship to others, that is a detriment. It is a matter of weghing the pro with the cons.

THEN, you make the suggestion that NoLimit is only concerned about his up-grade possibilities and amazingly you have tried to connect his viewpoints to that assumption. That is a mind-boggling assumption on your part and indicates that perhaps YOU have the hidden agenda.
Umm...I would expect someone claiming MENSA intelligence to have better reading comprehension. I have no idea if Nolimit is a Captain or an FO, and made no suggestion regarding HIS upgrade. I said that growth and profit by the company speeds EVERY F/Os upgrade. Amazingly you have been able to read a sentence and completely invert its clear meaning. Perhaps some remedial english should be on YOUR agenda, hidden or otherwise!!

I have rarely talked to a Canuck who spoke highly of Air Canada and probably for good reason. By all accounts AC is not a great airline and they probably deserve to have EK infringe upon their domain, but there is no denying that this is extortion on the part of Emirates Airlines (aka, the UAE government).
Yes, probably. But no more so than China making threats against the US unless they drop Tire tarriffs. International trade is very often robust to the point of nastyness. I hope your next job is in some Utopia where that isn't the case.

Canada is a heartbeat away from being raped and pillaged by Emirates airline, similar to the outcome of Australia.
Australia? You mean the place with a stable, growing ecconomy that never went into recestion, a rising standard of living and proffitable airline and tourist sectors? Yes, Canad better be carful not to fall into THAT trap!

It still amazes me to this day how EK has been allowed to take advantage of OZ to such an extent.
Perth citizens can get on an EK aircraft and, with one stop, be virtually anywhere in Europe, the sub-continebt or Africa. They just HATE being taken advantage of like that...