PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - According to the news, the pilot "pilot accidentally knocked the propeller"!
Old 27th Feb 2010, 23:53
Socket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that judgement based upon full, accurate knowledge of the incident or the inaccurate media report and incorrect assumptions posted in this thread??
Talk about assumptions, how do you know what is correct and incorrect Tailwheel. I guess you must have been there. Perhaps you will tell us the correct report the media should have given.

I believe the pilot has provided an accurate report to the authorities which is substantially different to the conjecture in the media and in this thread.
You believe. How the hell can you make that statement after your last. Pot to Kettle. Being Moderator doesnt make you all seeing, correct or our moral crusader Tailwheel,

I have been an engineer for over 30 years so I reckon I know a bit about what will and will not cause an aircraft to taxi by itself. In every case you will find a two legged idiot involved.

Talk about a hanging jury! Give the guy a break, eh?
If it was my aircraft I would give him a long break, I would sack him on the spot. So I repeat:

Career ending - should hope not.
Job ending - i hope so.
Accident - no.
Totally avoidable unprofessional conduct - yes.
Is "knocked the prop" an unlikely cause - yes.