PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Pilot aptitude test
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2010, 23:26
luvmuhud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also any thoughts on RAAF as a career move? there seem to be alot of guys leaving at present, is there something we on the outside aren't seeing or just a changing of the guard?
All thought and input greatly appreciated.
I don't believe too many guys are leaving at present.........I wouldn't expect this to change too much in the coming years (what, with the impending deflationary depression which is around the corner {for the benefit of superfrozo and exDouglasDriver!}).

The RAAF is a fantastic outfit for flying operations and flying training........certainly light years ahead of the airline industry in many respects. BUT - it is still a large, frustrating, inefficient, mismanaged and misprioritised government organisation. If you are the sort of person who doesn't give a toss about the latter, as you MUST fly military aircraft at all costs, then the RAAF is for you. If you are contemplating joining as a cheap way to the airlines, then don't even bother - unless you are way, way up the end of the bell curve of natural ability, you won't have the motivation to endure the endless pounding your soul will take throught the training process.

I have to say, the RAAF is the only path I'd recommend to my son should he want to become a pilot.

Good luck,

lmh