PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Cargo Rumours (early 2010)
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2010, 18:06
ArkPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allow me;

It's not expat v. local pilots. It's contract v. local terms.

Main difference, local terms do not contain housing allowance and children's education allowance. For F/O's local terms are the only way to upgrade.

My understanding, new hire DEC's are hired on LOCAL terms only. Kind of like a "B" scale.

Now, on to zekeigo's accusations;

"No more bonuses"- strictly a function of profits, ie. no profit, no bonus.

"No more MVC"- It was inserted post SARS for use by mgt. check with ALPA-s regarding T&C.

"Unstable housing allowances"- Read your contract, it says that the housing allowance is to be adjusted to rflect changes in market. I won't comment on the speed with which it went up/down.

"Unstable and inhuman roster"- Unstable, yes, welcome to the world of the freight dog. Inhuman (the most misused term on PPrune). Gimme a break! you have no clue!

"Position on long haul flights on(I think you mean "in") economy class seated by the toilet"- Ya gotta sit somewhere during positioning!

"; and Ground transport in a Van right after these long flights (sometimes more than 4 hours ride) At least your not by the toilet!(Ground transport is not considered duty time!!!) Always been that way, you are NOT main fleet!

"Minimum rest in almost all stations"- Minimum rest is minimum LEGAL rest. It is not a violation of work rules(what work rules?)

"Inexistance of staff travel (ID75 is a joke)"- You don't like travel on the freighter?

"Being an instructor without being paid for it (young F/O's with as low as 500 hours seated in the right seat of a Jumbo jet)"- Part of being a Captain at SQC.

"The event with the SAS guys, regrettable - It wasn't regrettable, it was stupid!!!

"Cost of living and taxes in Singapore are too high"- They are not too high, the compensation package is too low!