PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2010, 16:28
Flightrider

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I suspect the list above is more wishful thinking than reflecting reality.

easyJet have put an aircraft into DSA for one reason and one reason only - its deal with Peel Airports about Liverpool vs Manchester. It does not mean that there has been a sudden change of heart in the company and that it is going to start up lots of single aircraft bases. BOH might see a little bit more flying but I'd be amazed to see a based aircraft.

The real question for BOH is who will pick up the Scotland routes after Ryanair has stopped both PIK and EDI. There's only room for one, and potentially it could be easyJet (using GLA/EDI based aircraft), Flybe (same), Air Southwest (big departure from their current operations and most unlikely at a time when they look to be making big losses based on Sutton Harbour's results statements).

Aer Arann are operating their Aer Lingus routes at their own commercial risk - it is a franchise arrangement and not a wet-lease. I cannot really see RE being mad enough to take on Ryanair head-to-head on BOH-DUB. Again, wishful thinking rather than reality.

KLM - remotely possible. bmibaby - don't make me laugh.

Can we get our feet back on the ground then?

And in terms of the list of woes of using BOH airport - Mathers, it doesn't matter who is responsible and whether the airport company has no direct control over immigration, car parks etc. If customers have a bad experience using the airport, it's the airport company's problem, full stop. The "it's someone else's problem" approach to customer service is totally unacceptable when the customer sees all of these things as the airport's problem. It needs to be fixed, and the airport operator is in the best position of anyone to bang heads together from the various agencies involved to sort it out.