PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay of Execution for Lyneham?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2010, 15:44
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry but all I can hear at the moment is Yakkety sax playing. This monumental balls up will go ne of two ways.

1. someone will see some sense and pull the plug - all you need to do s make up some impressive lies in a spreadsheet and sell it to the egg on Face crowd - should that be face or hat??

2. no-one speaks up apart from the yes men - it goes ahead and there is pain and misery for all concerned.

As a humble ex sootie I had the pleasure of being stationed at Benson but lived in a condemmed block at Halton - daily commute. I was fortunate that my shifts started too early or finished too late to take the bus. 600cc of knee down crotch rocket missile for a wake up, brekkie in the mess (in romper suit) and shower at work. Thats the way to commute. Halton to Benson I was second in the shortest time - *** as if I am going to admit to it here.

back on topic, why the beancounters are trying to make you all live in one big target is beyond all normal logic. more bases = more jobs = more money in circulation = more spending = more taxes in = more money in coffers = more money for gordy to waste.