PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.A.M.O.
Thread: C.A.M.O.
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2010, 09:58
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WE have an IT guy on the case but it is only of limited help as the info has to be drawn from a number of sorces all with different sysyems.
I hate to sound cynical but in my business (electronics) all regs are approached with massive cynicism, and complied with accordingly.

When BS5750, later ISO9000, became trendy, 99% of firms hired a consultant (sometimes in-house) with a brief to generate the forms and the rubber stamps, but nobody changed the end product (which, as things are, was often crap). Now, one gets "ISO9000 compliance" questionnaires all the time, with crap questions like "do you segregate defective product" (no, Sir, actually we mix it up with the working stuff and send it ALL out ).

Then we got ROHS. A load of bollox. Every carton coming from China has ROHS stamped on it. Job done.

Now we have the bollox REACH directive. More bollox. Nobody can actually verify all the substances used in every component (every resistor, etc). So you rubber stamp all the forms with NO all the way down and send them off, and the customer's REACH compliance officer (a £40k post, no doubt) is happy. He couldn't care less.

So............. I am sure it is not beyond the wit of man to work out something to, shall we say, "streamline" Part M?

Especially in aviation maintenance, where "streamlining" not only the paperwork but the actual job is a pretty common activity