PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2010, 09:41
blakmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a waste

All of that money to develop and certify a new design and all they had to do was to dehumidify their bonding facility, dry the nomex core completely and address a few quality management issues in relation to materials acceptance and cure cycle temperature rates, materials handling and storage and the original design would almost certainly been totally adequate for the task. What a waste.

Even worse, one humid day at the production facility and what assurances are there that the same problem will not re-occur with the new design?

The solutions are there for FREE at http://www.adhesionassociates.com/pa...ve%20Bonds.pdf

For the sake if air safety someone at AW please at least read this link. Your damage tolerance analysis is only valid if the strength of the surrounding adhesive is not degraded by micro-voiding. Your strength testing is only valid if your samples reproduce the micro-voiding found in service disbonds.

The only other solution is to eliminate micro-voiding by reading the link. It is FREE. I have waived my consultancy fees to help you improve air safety. What more can I do? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him fish!

Regards

blakmax