PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE offers to extend Forces' stay in exchange for more Canadian flights
Old 27th Feb 2010, 09:05
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROTFL

As to the "Exhausted Crew" crack, we are working hard and flying to limits of our FTLs.

FTLs which are MUCH more restrictive than those which apply in Canada or the US.
Do you really have a shred of credibility to lean on after THAT comment? I've worked under the North American FTL's you mention, have you? I can tell you, at EK there isn't a single flight time "limitation" that can't be weaselled around with a variation, annex, exemption or simply a conveniently company-favouring interpretation. Try contesting said interpretation and let me know how that works out for you.

But nope, no one's tired, nope nope, nah...lol

Going back to the original point. No is disputing who the YYZ pax are, in fact I believe I pointed it out myself. But you missed the mark...the fact that one particular demographic can't get the flights as often or as cheaply as they'd like, is NOT representative of the desires of Canadians at large.

Besides which you've missed the principle ENTIRELY, which has to do with the extortion tactics that EK has resorted to - since they can't achieve their aims in the usual manner they do, which it to completely disregard legal agreements they've signed. DEWA caps, on a larger scale! lol But of course since in Oz Emirates is already eating your homeland airlines' lunch, I guess I can understand why you wouldn't object to them doing it elsewhere.

Hey if I thought Canada could benefit even a fraction as much, from more EK access to Canada, as EK would...I'd be all for it. But I don't buy Emirates bull**** propaganda. Been here too long for that.