PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unemployed 250 hour cpl holder,how to explain to frnds and family??
Old 27th Feb 2010, 04:36
flyprototype

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

everyday days I meet guys like you doing their cpl and thinking they will get a job on a big jet, if not on a small jet.

these guys make me laugh knowing the worldwide crisis.

as I know there will be no job for 250hours pilot for maybe 5-6 years.

you have no idea by the number of pilots still in training, and the one still looking after 10 years, or even 15 years, and still don't have a job and have now 500-1000hours they paid themselves.

I know guys who have waited for 10 years, and in 10 years they got a job for only 3 months, and have been laid off and now are looking again.

20 years ago, my flight instructor received a call from a compamy, and the company asked him if he wanted to pay for his type rating, if no, no job for him...he had to refused.

today we have to pay for type rating and pay to fly.Tomorrow this job will be only a hobby where people will work for 1 year just for the fun of flying a Boeing.

If you wan fly a boeing tomorrow, get a normal job, save around 50'000$ and then give it to a local company.

I bet after you have worked so hard to save 50'000$, you will say they can stick their"job" in their "rear entry".

as some said : "go to Africa and become a bush pilots"... OK! and then? what do you do when you have 3000h on c182, making peanuts and you still survive or can not save any money.

airlines dont' care about hours, they care about how much they can make from you.so get you 50'000$, go see an airline and tell them you are willing to give your $ and make 500hours....and have fun for 6 months.

I give you my special tip:"never ask them if there is a job at the end, and how much they will pay you"

do you think aviation stinks? yes it does!

anyway, good luck to you!

(if i was you and living in India, I would keep my money and I would open a little business...a 7/11 by example)