PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 26th Feb 2010, 18:40
cloudtraveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anstar - The main thing that has changed is that the Australian government has brought in a legal workplace award that V australia refuses to acknowledge.

Brindabella- Yes I am now after more than a year getting close to 39k, I would welcome you over and you will enjoy it here. I have heard they have been approved for 9 training classes this year.

I don't want people to get the wrong impression because I do enjoy my job and I am merely trying to state the facts, there have not been droves getting fired for sickies at all and the main attrition rate is purely personal choices that have seen crew leave on their own accord.

They are short of crew because they have delayed hiring crew until the last possible minute, this is business and not something specific to V and I don't fault them. I do not want to have that turned on me though as to why I should be understanding! As a note, V has applied with the government to return slots back to Pac Blue for Nadi sighting among other things economic reasons.

In all some people forget they are only 1 year old operating today and things will undoubtedly get better as the company progresses, for a one year old their balance sheet is great and they turned a profit for the month of Jan 2010. Like all new ideas the kinks just need to be worked out and the company and the union need to just get something done so the crew can have black and white knowledge of their rights.

All just MHO