PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay of Execution for Lyneham?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2010, 15:09
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice idea but the bus is quicker - our mover chums require a 2hr before departure check in.....

I'd heard that the sim move was delayed by 6 months. I imagine that's because having finally looked at it properly it has become apparent that "The Sim" isn't just a building with "The Sim" written on it, but that it is in fact a big mechanical thing.... Seriously though - 6 weeks to move and recommission 2 full motion simulators?? This just shows the level of thought that's gone into this great plan.

Been at Lyneham 15 years now - no particular affection for it however if we're going to move then for f**ks sake do it properly. I can count the improvements and efficiencies gained by the current plan on the fingers of one foot. It's the emperor's new clothes...

On the plus side, there have been some super charts produced showing precisely where the war factories and elephants will go along with the location of the x-wing repair facility. The Stargate seems a little optimistic but good luck to those plucky loons!