PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unemployed 250 hour cpl holder,how to explain to frnds and family??
Old 26th Feb 2010, 12:18
XanaduX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
as said i myself and many others self sponsored ab initio pilots are living proof that one can still reach the dreams of flying big boy jets with mere cpl/me/ir ticket in hands.
Well kudos to you Flyboy, and I don't doubt your achievements one bit. I also have a number of friends who are airline pilots in Indonesia and Malaysia with just a bare 250 hours. But you again have missed my point. Are you here to help offer tmbpilot some real possibilities on how he can improve his chances of an airline job, or are you here to big note yourself?

As I said, if you don't have the opportunity to walk in to an airline job with 250 hours like you have so proudly done, then what would you suggest? Hang around and wait for things to happen by magic, or go about and make yourself employable?

Not everyone has a right to work and live in places like Indonesia and Malaysia where you can walk in to an airline with just the bare minimums. If it was that easy in India, then I'm sure tmbpilot would not be seeking for advice here on pprune.