PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2010, 12:09
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone,

If KA tells you to expect a telephone call within a week of the test, then you have 7 days in which to expect a call. I gather they like to call people two days and seven days after the Initial Test is held. I have no idea why they don't call everyone in one go; perhaps it has to do with the limited computer resources for the Aptitude Test. So if you didn't get called today, you still have until Wednesday to receive a call. Don't worry.

If it makes anyone feel better, I actually thought about and analysed how the HR select and eliminate candidates in the Initial and Aptitude Tests. I have no idea how much of this is true, and knowing this is not going to boost anyone's chances of passing. But just for interest, here goes.

The selection goes like this:
Initial Test -> Aptitude Test -> 1st Interview

I think after the initial test, they rank candidates according to their performance. The top candidates move onto doing the aptitude test. If these candidates then fail the aptitude test, then the second top candidates from the initial test list will move up to do the aptitude test. This is as opposed to taking a definite number of candidates from the initial tests and rejecting the rest out-right.

So in the end whether we get to do the aptitude test depends on how far up we are on the list. But that can change because more people will be slotted in after they do their initial tests later.

Don't think this is impossible, I know of someone who wasn't called first, and got into the cadet program in the end.

However when the "quotas" for the 1st interview have filled, those who never got called will know they have reached the end of the road.