PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hip problems - Piriformis
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2010, 11:02
Riccal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats not that idle a question actually. It was asked by the physio that I am speaking to at the moment and as a result I take my wallet out now when I sit down.

I am oddly quite happy about the whole thing in a perverse kind of way really.
When I played squash I played in a county premier league in a 5 man team and I would play middle order. Not a bad standard but obviously not a patch on national or international players. That was at 40 years old and about 200 lbs in weight.
I sorta gave up cos I reckoned that my playing ability had deteriorated so much that I couldnt see the point of playing anymore. Stoopid huh?
I have taken up racketball 8 months ago at the age of 52 and having just given up smoking. I also weight about 25 lbs more than when I gave up the sport. Racketball is less high impact and more aerobic than squash cos the ball is a lot bouncier and doesnt die so easily. One of the guys I play is 10 years younger than me, about 50 lbs lighter and was knocked out of the quarter finals of the British Open over 40s racketball competition. This guy beats me but only just.

On this basis Piriformis is kind of a medal (my wife finds this as stupid as you lot undoubtedly will as well.

Riccal